Welcome to diane_stillness, an icon contest community devoted to the lovely, talented actress Diane Kruger. Diane has appeared in movies such as National Treasure, Troy, and Wicker Park. The community is run by striped__ and lotr_freak16, so please respect our authority. Before you submit an icon for a contest, please read and familliarize yourself with the following rules.
1. Submissions are anonymous. That doesn't mean you submit your icon in anonymous post, that means that you make an icon especially for the contest, you don't post it anywhere else and you don't show it to anyone else until the contest is over. It keeps things fair.
2. No voting for yourself and no telling someone to vote for you. It's just not fair. Vote for the best icon, it's the point of the community.
3. All submissions must fit livejournal's size standards- 100x100 or under and under 40kb, .gif, .jpeg, or .png
4. Don't take icons after the contest is over unless you ask the creator and give credit. Because its nice.
5. NO ANIMATION! Did everyone see that? It's even in the community name, diane_stillness. No slides, no blinky text, no animation. Being able to animate things doesn't make you a good icon-maker. We're judging on skill people, skill.
Each week there will be a theme post by one of the mods. The post may contain a picture, a base, a lyric, or a general theme you need to go with, and a set of special rules for each contest. Not following those rules or the ones listed here will result in a 1-contest suspension from the community. Just follow the rules and everyone should be fine.
You will post your icon in a screened comment to the theme post. The entries will remain screened until the contest is over. The only people who will be able to see your icon are the mods and yourself.
You'll need a host that will allow remote linking. Photbucket is a great source if you need one.
When you submit, please do it in the following format-
Voting will be done through screened comments because I'm too cheap to get a paid account. When you vote, pick your three (3) favorite icons. They don't have to be in any particular order, but be sure you pick exactly THREE.
Entries are due by Friday. Probably midnight but usually I won't stay up that late so if you posted it at like, 4 in the morning on Saturday I wouldn't know and neither would lotr_freak16. Just try to get them in on time.
Voting will start Saturday morning and go until Sunday at about 5:00. Winners and a new challenge will be posted sometime soon after that.